10 Ways To Strengthen Your Immune System
You were born to be healthy and happy; you were not born to experience a lifetime of misery and sickness. Moreover, because of your hectic and busy lifestyle, you simply can’t afford to get sick. This takes some responsibility for you to remain healthy despite the challenges and obstacles of your daily life.
Good health is a critical factor for enjoying and succeeding in life. However, those changes in the seasons tend to get your body out of whack and more susceptible to illness. You need a strong immune system to weather to seasons without getting sick. Here are some easy tips to help strengthen your immune system.
1. Eat nutritious foods. During cold weather, flu and other infections threaten your health. Proper nutrition is very important for good health. Load up on fruit, vegetables, and healthy proteins. Avoid processed foods and artificial sugars.
2. Drink a sufficient amount of water. Studies have shown that drinking an adequate amount of water helps transport the white blood cells and other immune system cells you need to help stave off illness. Staying hydrated ensure you have proper blood circulation so these cells can get where they need to go to keep you healthy.
3. Establish a regular sleeping habit. Inadequate sleep can result in poor productivity the next day. Setting a regular sleep schedule can improve the amount and quality of your sleep and help foster more productivity. Sleep is also when your body heals itself. Prolonged fatigue prevents your body from fighting off illnesses, making you more susceptible to getting sick. Most experts recommend eight hours of sleep a night for adults to maintain good health.
4. Exercise regularly. Physical activity helps improve happiness and health. It also burns fat and builds muscle to keep you strong.
5. Relax. Your daily routine and work schedule probably leave you feeling stressed and tense. Find ways to take a break and relax.
6. Laugh more often. The old adage “Laughter is the best medicine” has more truth than we realize. Loneliness, depression, and a negative outlook have been shown as contributing factors in a variety of ailments and illnesses.
7. Include spices and herbs. Spices like onions, ginger, and garlic have components that can strengthen your immune system.
8. Enjoy some early morning sun. It is one of the best things that you can do to boost your levels of Vitamin D, which is essential to healthy lungs and bones.
9. Avoid using too many antibiotics. Recent studies have found that antibiotics can attack essential bacteria in the digestive system and can overpower natural immune functions.
10. Enjoy life. Living in misery open the door to infections. Try to embrace the day and live life to the fullest. Have fun, and you will be surprised just how healthy and happy you feel.
These tips can keep your immune system operating at its best and will help you fend off those seasonal colds and illnesses so you can actually enjoy those winter months!
Are you ready to make changes? Just hit reply?
Yours in health and wellness,